Chocolate Pot de Crème
Impress friends and family with this light and airy dessert with deep and rich chocolate flavor. Pot de crème ("pot of cream") is a traditional French custard typically served in a pot-shaped cup or a ramekin (small glazed ceramic or glass bowl). Recipe brought to you by Chef Andres Hinojosa.
Prep: 5 Mins | Total: 15 Min + Refrigerate 1.5 to 2 hours.
- 9 ounces high quality semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks, large
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Put the chocolate into a blender
2. Whisk milk, cream, sugar, salt and egg yolks in a sauce pan on medium heat for 5-6 minutes
3. Whisk constantly until slightly thicker, like you are making an anglaise
4. Pour the hot milk/egg mixture over the chocolate and blend until smooth
5. Pour into individual ramekins or glasses and refrigerate about 1.5 to 2 hours or until set
Recipe brought to you by Chef Andres Hinojosa.