Get the party started with this seafood dish popular in the coastal regions of Latin America and the Caribbean. Whitefish Ceviche is a summer classic that adds a tremendous depth of flavor with the addition of lime. Don't forget to consider complimenting this dishes flavors with sweet potato, lettuce, avocado or plantain chips.
- 1 1/2 lbs Whitefish (Sea Bass, Grouper, Halibut, Cod) Small Diced
- 14 limes, juiced
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 2 corn on the cob (grilled, cooled, kernels removed)
- 1 red onion, small diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed, minced
- 1 avocado, large, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cucumber (peeled, seeds removed, diced small)
- kosher salt
1. Remove any excess skin or blood lines from the fish before dicing.
2. Combine the diced fish with the lime juice and a good amount of salt in a non reactive bowl.
3. Refrigerate and let marinade “cook” for at least 1.5 hours.
4. Combine all the other ingredients in a separate bowl.
5. Once the fish and lime mixture is “cooked”, combine it with the rest of the ingredients.
6. Include all the juice and season with a little more salt if needed.
7. Serve with chips or tostadas.